Portfolio - Calculate doesn't update Sprints

Michal (Mike) Malus February 21, 2017

Is there an option (in Portfolio) to save calculated Sprints back to Issues? If I select a Sprint manually (Scope->Sprints) then change is being properly propagated but for automatically calculated items this information is not being set.

2 answers

1 vote
Jeroen Thoelen May 14, 2018

Does nether work for me. I cannot see the option "assign calculated issues" when I click on the sprint name... 

Can anyone help? 

1 vote
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2017

Hey Michal,

Once issues have been calculated for a sprint you can assign those issues to the sprint by clicking on the sprint name. E.g:

image2017-2-22 10:50:41.png

Note that the sprint needs to exist in the backlog for this to work.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this.

Cheers,
Rhys

Michal (Mike) Malus February 21, 2017

Hey Rhys,

I tried to follow your instructions but wasn't able to find this option (in fact I think I had tried all options before). Sprints exist in the backlog and are properly assigned in items. But I do not see the 'Assign calculated issues' options. I tried on all screens (Scope, Teams, Releases) with different drop down values (Schedule, Capacity, Target Schedule). I guess I am missing something but cannot find out what..

image2017-2-22 0:5:12.png

image2017-2-22 0:5:59.png

Best Regards,

Mike

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2017

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the screenshots they help to clarify. It looks like you're actually clicking the capacity bar in those screenshots which is why the option wouldn't appear there.

• Make sure you've selected Schedule in the drop-down.
  • Click on the cog next to the drop-down and click the checkbox for sprint (I should've mentioned this part in my previous comment)

You'll now see you're issues as items in the sprint and you should also be able to click the sprint name to access the feature.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Rhys

Michal (Mike) Malus February 22, 2017

Hey Rhys,

I think I am getting closer.. smile But still do not have the 'Assign' button. Please check the print screens below.

image2017-2-22 9:48:44.png

image2017-2-22 9:49:19.png

Best Regards,

Mike

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2017

Hey Mike,

I should've also mentioned that this only works at the story level and will not work for issues that span multiple sprints.
Issues will also not be able to be assigned to an active sprint as that requires an explicit change to the active scope.

So try going to the story level and assign the particular stories to a (not active) sprint.
Please let us know if any of these limitations is an issue for you.

Thanks,
Rhys

Gokul Muralidharan January 10, 2018

I have seen this work when you set the calculate to schedule and then set the story point values and then hit calculate it will assign to the sprints, the issue I have is that I do not want to estimate the story points rather have my team do it, it this relies on the original story points and loads up the sprints then it would be really great. 

Suggest an answer