Pointing the SIL Programs Manager to specific directory

Rebecca haviv May 8, 2016

I am trying to mimic my production enviornment on my local machine. I have restored to my local machine from a backup of the live data, and copied over all the SIL files.

I have created a local D drive for D:jira_home (like production) and pointed this to the silprograms folder. But none of the scripts are working and in the log files I have seen mostly

/secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa [jira.commons.silrunner.UnifiedSilRunner] SIL program >>UserInLcAdminGroup<< com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.grammar.SilParseException: I/O error while executing script >>D:\jira_home\silprograms\Validators\UserInLcAdminGroup.sil<<

but more recently I also noticed this:

/rest/keplerrominfo/commons/latest/admin/getfile [rest.io.responses.GetFileResponse] Cannot find file silprograms java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\jira_home\silprograms (The system cannot find the path specified)

In the SIL Programs Manager I see 2 items: a silprograms folder poinitng to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\silprograms and an file icon also called silprograms, pointing to D:\jira_home\silprograms

Sorry if this is a novice questions but I am new to this program and can't find anything about this online beyond what I've tried (e.g one response indicated that changing the jira_application.properties file would help - it did not).

Can I change a configuration somewhere to have the SIL Programs Manager only point to D:\jira_home\silprograms and recognize it as a folder with all the SIL programs?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rebecca haviv May 10, 2016

The answer is that the program did not like the virtual path created to the D drive. I had to create and mount a vhd from disk management and not just create the drive using the subst or net use command.

5 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2016

Hi Rebecca,

read this carefully and you will find answers for all your questions smile

https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUP20/Administration+Page

Especially 

1. Configuration Values for JJupin Plugin

I hoped that I helped

Rebecca haviv May 9, 2016

I had already tried that (responded in an "Änswer" below by mistake not in a comment field. I'm going to reinstall the whole system as I can't get it to work. Hope that helps. Thanks anyway.

0 votes
Rebecca haviv May 8, 2016

Thanks - but I had tried that every which way possible. I had already set the default directory to D:\jira_home\, D:\jira_home, and D:\jira_home\silprograms, with the default file name as unnamed, silprograms and even blank. The error I always received is "Cannot create directory D:xxxx"

The files you see in the window below are all still pointing to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\silprograms

I'm still stuck.

image2016-5-9 9:1:22.png

Suggest an answer