we are follow below steps to upgrade JIRA from 5.2.11 to 7.1.9
Migrate Data from 5.2 to 6.3 and then 6.3 to 7.1
1) In JIRA 5 - administration - export => file "migration.zip"
2) If doing the MTP:
Stop JIRA 5 (don't stop for test and dry runs)
3) Copy JIRA 5/export/migration.zip to JIRA 6/import/
4) Cleanup this archive to remove unavailable entries (KT*)
1 egrep -v "(QANDAA|QANDAQ|QANDAE|a_text|q_text|TimesheetEntity|TimesheetScheme|Myaa|ReportEntity|ReportScheme|LinkEntity|LinkScheme|WorklogExt|WorklogType|KPlugins|KPluginsCfg|cfgDefaultValue|cfgLDefaultValue|cfgValue|cfgLValue|jjlf_config|jjlf_project|jjlf_category|KListenerSils|JiraCapacityPlan|additionalTaskDescription|testexecutionhistory|KRSSecurity|KBlitzActions)" entities.xml > entities-purged.xml
1) Zip the modified entities.xml file back into a backup file;
Note: If you're running an Unix-based operating system, you can run the below command on a terminal window.
1: mv entities-purged.xml entities.xml ; zip -r MyBackupFile.zip entities.xml activeobjects.xml
Restart the XML restores process;
6) in JIRA 6 - administration - export => file "migration.zip"
7) stop JIRA 6
8) copy JIRA 6/export/migration.zip to JIRA 7/import/
9) in JIRA 7 - administration - restore, override licenses with dev licenses
10) copy content of JIRA 5/data to JIRA 7/data (mainly attachments, small dir with avatars)
11) Set attachment directory : WebGUI => Admin => system => Advanced => attachments => Edit settings => Select Default Directory option
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs