we are follow below steps to upgrade JIRA from 5.2.11 to 7.1.9
Migrate Data from 5.2 to 6.3 and then 6.3 to 7.1
1) In JIRA 5 - administration - export => file "migration.zip"
2) If doing the MTP:
Stop JIRA 5 (don't stop for test and dry runs)
3) Copy JIRA 5/export/migration.zip to JIRA 6/import/
4) Cleanup this archive to remove unavailable entries (KT*)
1 egrep -v "(QANDAA|QANDAQ|QANDAE|a_text|q_text|TimesheetEntity|TimesheetScheme|Myaa|ReportEntity|ReportScheme|LinkEntity|LinkScheme|WorklogExt|WorklogType|KPlugins|KPluginsCfg|cfgDefaultValue|cfgLDefaultValue|cfgValue|cfgLValue|jjlf_config|jjlf_project|jjlf_category|KListenerSils|JiraCapacityPlan|additionalTaskDescription|testexecutionhistory|KRSSecurity|KBlitzActions)" entities.xml > entities-purged.xml
1) Zip the modified entities.xml file back into a backup file;
Note: If you're running an Unix-based operating system, you can run the below command on a terminal window.
1: mv entities-purged.xml entities.xml ; zip -r MyBackupFile.zip entities.xml activeobjects.xml
Restart the XML restores process;
6) in JIRA 6 - administration - export => file "migration.zip"
7) stop JIRA 6
8) copy JIRA 6/export/migration.zip to JIRA 7/import/
9) in JIRA 7 - administration - restore, override licenses with dev licenses
10) copy content of JIRA 5/data to JIRA 7/data (mainly attachments, small dir with avatars)
11) Set attachment directory : WebGUI => Admin => system => Advanced => attachments => Edit settings => Select Default Directory option
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG