Please provide a value for required field 'customfield_10200'

Eddy Dickens April 9, 2018

I get this error when making an issues through e-mail. can someone please help me out?

3 answers

3 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

If you are an administrator, look at this:

http://<your-jira-url>/secure/admin/ConfigureCustomField!default.jspa?customFieldId=10200

Then you know, which custom field is the one throwing this error. Please check then, if this field is required in your project.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

Tom, thank you for this! It helped solve an issue I was having in Big Picture for the last few weeks.

In my system, this field ID is for "Story Points." In my project, not all stories have points, so the calculations in Big Picture were kicking out warnings using that custom field ID. Once I used your locator URL I identified it as story points, set the default to zero, and viola! no more warnings.

-Scott

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

@Scott Theus - that's great! Thank you for the feedback :-)

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2018

Go and have a look at the list of custom fields.  You can hover a cursor over each "edit" in turn and look for the id in the tooltip link that appears, but it might be easier to read the raw html to find it.  Or you could use REST to ask the create screen what fields are needed.

Narendra Kumar February 13, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- What about the system provided fields like reporter, assignee ? How can we find the IDs for those fields ? Please suggest. Thanks!

0 votes
Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

Check if the field is configured as "Required" in the project. If so, make it optional or provide default value.

Eddy Dickens April 9, 2018

how can i find that 10200 field?

Aswin Achuthan April 9, 2018

@Eddy DickensAnswers provided by Nic and Thomas are the best way to find it :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events