Please help: Can a view display results of a query?

neha srivastava March 15, 2017

In general my question is that can I create different views where I can click a view and it displays results like "resolved issues in last 10 days" etc? or are views just for viewing data the way we want?

If we apply transformation on a view can they be saved?

I have made it work through dashboards and filters but the demand is for views and transformations

4 answers

2 votes
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Hello Neha,

Views are just configurations of columns in the structure board and don't encompass Transformations.

Please have a look at Perspectives - this is a link to a 'snapshot' of the structure UI configuration in the exact state it was in when you created the link.

With this you don't need to have a saved view - just arrange the columns the way you want them, apply transformations and create the link. Note that scroll height and highlighted issues etc. are also preserved.

Please let me know if that solves the issue or not.

Cheers,

Robert

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2017

Thank you for the screenshot and for adding the keyword "almworks.jira.structure". This makes things clearer. I don't know this plugin, that's why I didn't know, what you mean by "view". Regular JIRA  has no "views", as far as I know.

I hope, Robert answered your question to your satisfaction.

0 votes
neha srivastava March 15, 2017

Hi,

I am talking about views that are there in structure on the right (the basic or the tracking etc.).

I have been told to list resolved tasks within 7 days from the folder structure using transformations on that structure page.Please find the screenshot.Is it possible to save a transformation that we create on a structure? or to apply a JQL and when the results are displayed in the structure,then to save them to reuse the transition again.Capture.png

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2017

Hi Neha,

what do you mean by "view"? I don't understand what you are referring to, so I can't answer your question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events