Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Planning/roadmap overview: how? Edited

Hello,

I am part of a team that is creating a new product (not software!) and I would like to use Jira to support our daily work.

I have figured out how to use the scrum board. This works ok (although I cannot find the Convert to Subtask button in the new issue look and have to switch to the old look everytime... Anyone?).

What I really need is a planning or roadmap overview. I hope someone can give me some tips.

So let's say we have a 2 week sprint. But these sprints are part of something bigger, there is an overall planning. For now we have a set a global planning towards 31-12-2018. By then we want to have a certain part of our product ready.  How do I input this in Jira in order to get a nice planning overview that is presentable to our CEO?

For example

I understand that my example is from a paid plugin for Jira. But something like this (albeit a bit smpler) must be already present in Jira?

Is there perhaps a way to create a planning overview using Releases? If so, how?

Thanks!

1 answer

We use JIRA 7.12 server version.

There is no built-in function like what you have shown in your screenshot.

This functionality would only be available via an add-on or via JIRA Portfolio.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,962 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you