Pie chart of componets on multiple projects

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

I have multiple project with the same components. When i try to make a pie chart of the components over all the project, the same component shows more then one time. When i click on the component, the JIRA added the project to the filter.

I understand that the each component ha a different id and they do not spread over the projects. 

Is this the normal behavior, I'm i doing something wrong, or is this a bug that should be fixed?  

Best regards, 
Pedro Felgueiras  

3 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2015

This is the normal behaviour.

As you wrote components are not shared between projects, by design. Even if they have the same name, they are not the same for JIRA (having different IDs).

If you created an Excel report on your data using the Better Excel add-on, you should be able to treat components with identical names as the same component. 

0 votes
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2015

The filter is "category = Sample"

image2015-10-30 18:0:39.png

image2015-10-30 17:59:1.png

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2015

So it's a filter, not by Project. This gadget is working as designed. They are different because they are being evaluated by their identifiers (IDs) not by labels (names).

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2015

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and what is the config of your PIE Chart gadget?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events