Permission denied while integrating slack

Teddy Lau January 23, 2019

I'm trying to integrate the jira project to a slack channel.

But keep showing this error message! 

Permission denied

You cannot edit the configuration of this project.

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 2.21.09 PM.png

I'm using the user account which in the all admin group

• administrators
  • jira-administrators
  • site-admins

Is it a bug?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hey all,

Frequently the atlassian-addons-project-access project role is missing from the Browse and Administer project permissions. Here's how to resolve that:

1. Navigate to the Permissions page in the Project Settings for the project you're having trouble with
  2. Click on the Actions button in the upper right and select Edit permissions
    image.png
  3. Click the Grant permission button in the upper right. 
    1. In the "Permission" dropdown, select Administer Projects and Browse Projects
    2. In the "Granted to" section, select Project Role and the "atlassian-addons-project-access" role
      image.png
  4. Click Grant when you've set the options from the previous step.

Let me know if you see any more trouble after completing the permission changes above and we'll help get you squared away!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Vincent Bouffard February 12, 2019

It works for me, thx Daniel :)

Teddy Lau February 14, 2019

It also works for me! Thanks Daniel!

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2019

Hi Teddy and welcome to Community!

Can you double check the permissions in the particular project you are trying to connect up? One possibility is that the admin groups you listed are not in the permissions to edit the configurations. As an admin, you can always add those groups or your user account in, though.

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

Teddy Lau January 24, 2019

Actually, I can't find the permissions named "edit the configurations" on the project permission setting

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

I was thinking Administer Projects permission. Is one of the groups listed there?

2019-01-24_1551.png

Teddy Lau January 24, 2019

It's already applied to the admin groupScreen Shot 2019-01-25 at 10.23.20 AM.png

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2019

Ok, so that should be fine then. Can you try integrating from the opposite way from what you've already tried and see if that works? (i.e. Slack to Jira or Jira to Slack)

After that, I'm not sure what's causing this error- you can follow up with Support.

Vincent Bouffard January 30, 2019

Hi there, i have exactly the same bug.

I'm slack and jira administrator but i have the same message.

I tried to link from Slack to Jira and Jira to Slack and I have double checked the permission (I have "Administer Projects" permission).

Thx for the help.

Harvey Buchan February 6, 2019

Same issue here

IT Admin February 6, 2019

same here

Suggest an answer