Permission Schemes + Project Roles - Misunderstanding

Samuel Chan May 26, 2016

I thought I had it perfectly right in my head when I went to try this out.

What I'm trying to do: one permission scheme to cover them all

Permission scheme Client Support PS - Browse Project permission > Project Role [Users]
Project 1, Project 2 use Client Support PS
Project 1
assigns Client 1 Group to User Role
Project 2 assigns Client 2 Group to User Role

I expect User 1 in Client 1 Group would only be able to browse Project 1, but instead, they can see Project 2 as well.

I don't understand what's happening here. Could someone explain this? I do not want to be forced to create a scheme for every client.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

What you described should actually work. Would you provide a screenshot of your permission scheme ?

Also try the JIRA "Permission Helper" to find out some more details.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html#JIRAAdminHelper-PermissionHelper

Samuel Chan May 26, 2016

Sorry. That is how it does work. I didn't realise that the full page of projects the user shouldn't be seeing wasn't actually every single project, just the ones I hadn't gone around to remove 'jira-core-users' from their 'users' role mapping.

In other words: Sam is sleep deprived.

Thanks for the help. Your affirmation at least made me realise the problem was on my end. 

1 vote
Prashant Mali May 26, 2016

Project permissions are able to be granted based on:

Suppose, In your company there are few roles like developers, tester, project lead, project manager.

Project manager gives task to their team members. then only they do their work. Project Manager should be  see all the details  regarding all the project issue.Developers should be see see only related to assigned  issue and their summary. and same for testers. So JIRA administrator can be manage these things by setting permission over their

For your issue,Create two different permissions schema

Set first permission scheme to first project.

and

set other schemes to second project.

then it will work as your expectations.

for your reference

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/managing-project-permissions-185729636.html

Thanks

Suggest an answer