Per issue updates from Jira into Slack channels

PaulN August 17, 2018

I am trying to do some new tasks admin of our Slack and Jira tools. I have a Jira cloud instance setup with a Project created similar to a Trello board. Mainly task tracking rather than agile development.

I am trying to associate issues in the project to channels in slack. So far I can only attach the entire project to a channel. So for every channel I create in in slack which I connect to jira then gets all of the updates for all issues.

Looking for advice on how to best setup the tools for what I want to do.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2018

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately, there's a limitation on the filter that can be applied on Slack Integration. It can be configured by issue types and priority, but not for a specific issue-key.

There is a feature request created to implement a JQL Filter to specify JIRA notifications sent to Slack channels, just like it was configured for Stride Application:

Support to filter JIRA notifications sent to Slack channels using a JQL Filter

Please, feel free to vote and watch the feature request above.

PaulN August 27, 2018

Thanks for the response. I will take a look at that feature. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some configuration feature that would give me what I wanted.

Best, Paul

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2018

You are welcome, Paul.

Please, feel free to accept my answer so it can allow other customers searching for the same functionality to vote on the request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events