Particular users don't have permissions they suppose to have

Maria Konareva November 13, 2018

Users, who have full access to Global permissions do not appear in comments when I @Mention them.

Moreover, having full Tempo Account permissions these users are not allowed to see the Tempo timesheets and be a part of a new team.

Do you have any ideas why this may happen?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hi Maria,

tempo Tempo Account Administrator permission gives access to create, configure and delete Accounts, but it does not give access to worklogs created by other users than yourself in the Timesheets or the Reports views.

Users can be added to Tempo Teams by a Tempo Team Administrator or Team lead. 

To view the worklogs of other users in Tempo, you need to have the "View all worklogs" Project permission. 

For more information about permissions used in Tempo Timesheets, please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172785879/Granting+permission+to+users

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Maria Konareva November 14, 2018

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_,

I really appreciate your help.

The issue is that I can't add users being the Team lead.

In Jira I have all the necessary permissions. I wonder why some users are able to be added to the Team and the others - can't, considering that all the users have the same permissions.

Thanks

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

Hi Maria,

Can you please create an issue for this in our Tempo support (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so we can better investigate this. 

Regards,
Susanne

0 votes
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2018

Hi @Maria Konareva

Not entirely sure on what you mean by full global permissions. But you need to have browse user global permission to @mention users on Issues.

I have added the temp-timesheet tag to your question. Lets wait for someone with expertise in tempo timesheet to answer the second part of your query.

Maria Konareva November 14, 2018

Hi @Vinu

Thank you for the answer.

Under "full global permissions", I mean that these users have admin access to all the sections under Global Permission settings. In spite of this, the access for some project parts is still limited and these users are still can't be @mentioned in comments doesn't work.

Please, let me know if you need more details or clarifications

Suggest an answer