Parent & Child field syncing

Manu Mishra June 15, 2017

I want to write custom code to support the behaviour below:

• Parent A has a field called "ABC"
  • Each Child task of Parent A has this field "ABC" as Read-only
  • "ABC" edited in the Parent should filter down to each child every time its updated. Obviously this wouldnt be a true live sync but should call the same value as soon as the end user refreshes the page to see the updated value

I really, want a Scripted Function that reads custom fields on a parent-task for change, and if changed carries that value over to the child-task. I am using "Script Runner" but I cannot figure out how to do this. Could you please provide the script that can be used in script runner and also i want to automate the job for all the issue's & sub-task in our instances.

1 answer

0 votes
Eman Cauchi June 16, 2017

Hi Manu,

To achieve what you would like to do I suggest that you implement a Script Listener which triggers on issue updated and set it for that particular project and that particular issue type. In the script listener you could implement all the logic that you need. It is possible to synch fields using this method.

Manu Mishra June 16, 2017

HI Eman,

Could you help me with the scrip and how can i implement a Script Listener. As i am quite new in this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events