Parent Linking Initiatives(From Portfolio projects) to Epics(in Platform projects) is not available?

Abhiram Rao February 18, 2021

Hi JIRA Experts,

We are trying to setup the Portfolio and currently not able to link the Initiatives created in the Portfolio project to the Epics which are created in the Platform projects. 

I am sure it should be available but struggling to get a right way to set this up. 

Can anyone please advise? 

Thanks,

Abhiram

1 answer

0 votes
Aiden Marriott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Abhiram Rao - have you created the hierarchy in the portfolio settings? Are both projects included in the source settings?  Is the parent link available in the field config and screen?

Abhiram Rao February 22, 2021

Yes. Thats Correct. I have these things configured. I am able to Parent Link the Epics to the Features and Features to the Initiatives, however cannot parent link the Epics to the Initiatives directly. 

Aiden Marriott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

Can you screenshot your hierarchy config?

Abhiram Rao February 23, 2021

Hierarchy.jpg

Abhiram Rao February 23, 2021

So, the issue is, I cannot Parent Link Initiatives directly to Epics... However, I can Parent Link the Features to Epics and Features can have parent linked Initiatives etc... 

I want to create the ability of parent linking the Initiatives directly to Epics too. Is it possible? 

Suggest an answer