• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Our IT helpdesk uses Redmine for their tickets. I don't want to import from there into Jira, but i do want to create a "is blocked by" link to a Redmine ticket. can i do that?

Our IT helpdesk uses Redmine for their tickets. I don't want to import from there into Jira, but i do want to create a "is blocked by" link to a Redmine ticket. can i do that?

Glenn Estridge May 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Importing Data from Redmine

Our IT helpdesk uses Redmine for their tickets. I don't want to import from there into Jira, but i do want to create a "is blocked by" link to a Redmine ticket. can i do that?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2016

You can easily put a web-link into JIRA, just use the "link issue" and select "url" from the options.

It won't be labelled as a "blocked by" though, it's just a url to point to something.  If you want it to act more as a block, you're going to need a bit of coding (such as workflow conditions that prevent JIRA issues from going through a transition while there's a link to Redmine present)

Suggest an answer