Original estimate field missing on sub task?

Lisa Croxford March 3, 2016

I'm trying to add time estimates to sub tasks of stories that will then add up to the estimate for the story. I have time tracking on the sub tasks, so I can log time and it will adjust the remaining time but I cannot set an original time estimate.  Using the 'wheres my field?' option produces no results

2 answers

0 votes
DavidW999 March 8, 2016

This helps you get 90% of the way Remaining Estimate Time Tracking and Stories. How to Apply Time to Subtasks during Planning

Then you need to add the time tracking field on the create/edit screen. The easy way to do this is create a sub task in your user story. Then select configure field tab (top right), and select where is my field. This will then give you a link in order for you to be able to enable the time-tracking field on the sub task edit screen. You will not be able to estimate in story points and add the original time estimate. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

Have you got the time-tracking field on the create/edit screens for the sub-tasks?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events