Order by 'time to sla custom field'

Hi,

Currently I have meny tickets with defferent SLA. I want to order them to show tickets with least time to resolve them. When I simply order by the custom field, it doesn't work, I don't even know what is pattern there. Is there any resolution for that?

2 answers

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

You need a culculated custom field to get difference between two dates, There is no such functions into box JIRA, but you could use these plugins:

1. Free plugin to do simple things. Do no need to write code: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields/versions#b100500930
  2. more complex, but you can do a lot with writing code https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/versions#b1296
0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2016

Hi,

This is a little hard and confusing but I will try to clarify.
JIRA Issue navigator sorts according to index values, and indexing (changing) time value is nearly impossible because JIRA only indexes by issue status changes or by admin's reindexing. Since time changes every second, we can not index remaining time value.

So Time to SLA field indexes the SLA Target Date. When you change issue's status it calculates and modifies the index value according to new SLA target date. However if the issue is in pause status the SLA target date does not change until a status change happens, so the index value may not be accurate.

On the other hand you can use SLA Report to see the exact SLA target dates and sort issues in that page.

Hope that I was clear

Tuncay

Suggest an answer