Order by Age of issue

I have a custom field to calculate the age of an issue using a SIL script. The script is 

if (isNotNull(resolutionDate))
{
return resolutionDate - created;
}
else
{
return currentDate() - created;
}

The calculation works fine, but when i try to order by age in filters, the ordering does not seem to work. I am using the interval range searcher, but have tried the exact interval searcher as well (with a reindex) but it still won;t order properly. 

Any ideas as to how to make the ordering work? 

thanks in advance, 

1 answer

issue gets a new Age value on update. Suppose you've created issue A a day before yesterday. its Age was calculated a day before yesterday, i.e. Age =0 days. 

Yesterday you've created another issue B. And you've updated it today. Its Age was calculated today and Age =1 day for the issue B.

if you'll update all issues in one go, then you'll get more or less reliable Age values.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

142 views 7 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you