Options to clear user cache

Markus March 19, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Login fails with 'User exists but has no unique key mapping'

We are facing the problem mentioned in symptom 2 very often. Is there any way to clear the User-Cache, without restarting JIRA?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

No

Michael Ries November 5, 2019

Thank you so much!

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages (Ubisoft) September 24, 2019

The command line entry above didn't clear the user cache for me. I have a case where I had to change the user directory of a bunch of users from internal to internal with LDAP, so I changed the directory in cwd_user and cwd_user_attribute. But the cache meant the users still showed as Internal in Confluence. So here's what I did:

1. Created a new Internal user directory with LDAP auth. I left it at the last rank and didn't actually use it for anything.
  2. Disabled and deleted that user directory

That forced the cache to refresh and the users then showed as part of the new directory in Confluence. That saved us from rebooting.

1 vote
srikanth_ccx May 29, 2018

Run below command on Server. It drops cache without restarting. It worked for us and Jira performance improved.

sync; echo 1 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches 

LRN JIRA September 26, 2018

Is there any impact on server(Jira), because of this command????

srikanth_ccx January 5, 2019

No, there are no issues.

Julian Jansz August 1, 2019

Actually on the server where do you run this command. I'm new to Jira

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2020

That's not the cache the user asking about

Suggest an answer