• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Core
  • Questions
  • On my Scrum Board, when using 'Base Swimlanes on Epics', the Sub-Tasks that are directly under Epics are shown under 'Issues without Epics'

On my Scrum Board, when using 'Base Swimlanes on Epics', the Sub-Tasks that are directly under Epics are shown under 'Issues without Epics'

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Swimlanes

On y scrum board, when using 'Base Swimlanes on Epics', the Sub-Tasks that are directly under Epics are shown under 'Issues without Epics'. How can I make it show under the Epic it has been created for?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

Move them to stories under the epics.  Epics are not really the right place to create sub-tasks.

Nic's correct, note the message on the Edit screen of a sub-Task;

image2016-4-25 7:17:29.png

Since a sub-task can not be assigned to an EPIC, you get the very results you have identified. Yes, the EPIC is the parent issue, but JIRA does not see the Parent as an EPIC because of the notice above.

Use Nick's solution to resolve this problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

240 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot