On main dashboard the "Create Filter" link on the Favorite filters redirects to some random ticket.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2016

Hi,

JIRA version 7.0.10
On the main dashboard, there is a favorites filter, and on that filter is a link "create filter".
But whenever I try to click it redirects to some random ticket.

Now I know the reason it does it because the tickets are set to "Detail View".
The workaround to resolve this issue is to switch to "List View". And now if you repeat the operation again, the behavior is correct.

So my question is this:

• Is this a know JIRA bug?
  • Has this bug been fixed? And if so, in which version?
  • How to fix this bug (other than the workaround)? within the current JIRA version? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2016

This is a know issue in JIRA by default and is fixed in JIRA version 7.1.0

This happens when issues are being viewed in the "Detail View" instead of the "List View".

For now, following is the workaround to fix this:
From the top panel bar, select Issues --> Search for issues. (Keyboard shortcut: g + i )
Now choose the issues to be viewed in "List View".
(see the attachment: List_View.png)

List_View.PNG

Your issue would be resolved now.

For more ease, you can use the keyboard shortcut g + i 

This will take you to directly to the search panel for issues where you can search for issues and create your filters.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events