On Create trigger doesn't appear to fire when an issue is cloned

Deleted user October 16, 2016

I have an automation that creates a clone on an issue transition, and now I'm trying to do something with that clone.

Specifically, I'm trying to do an auto transition with it.  It didn't seem possible to hook that into the original automation, so I'm attempting to do it after an issue create. However, after doing the clone, it appears that the On Create trigger is never triggered.  

Any thoughts on a different approach to accomplish what I'm doing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2016

Hi Casey!  

This should work.  Can you confirm a few things for me please:

• Is the rule that is triggered when the issue is 'cloned' in the same project as the target project of the clone?  So in other words if you are cloning the issue into another project, then the rule needs to be defined in that target project
  • Can you confirm that the 'Allow rule trigger' checkbox is checked in this automation rule:
    Automation List 2016-10-17 08-00-53.png

By default this is unchecked (we do this to prevent accidental loops where one rule may trigger another rule, and that rule may trigger the first rule again).  If the issue is being cloned by an automation rule, the second automation rule with the create trigger will only trigger if this checkbox is checked.

If things still don't work can you raise a support request via http://codebarrel.io/support please with your instance details so we can take a closer look?

Cheers,
 Andreas

Deleted user October 16, 2016

You nailed it.  It needed to be in the right project.  I didn't even realize I'd been targeting a project.

Thanks Andreas.  Also, it's a shame you didn't win ShipIt live last week.  smile

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2016

Great! Happy to help out.  

Ah and no worries about ShipIt live - the voting is usually fairly random these days and the winning project definitely deserved it!  We're still quite happy with 3rd place smile.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events