On A screen how do I add a field between Project and Issue type

T February 9, 2016

Hi, 

I would like to add on my screens 2 compulsory fields for the whole company between Project and issue type. 

This is not possible in the screen layout on the admin and I believe you can do this by making some changes to the code in the back end? 

Do you have an example on how to do this? 

example.png

Regards Tim 

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

There's no way to make this happen legitimately. You could hack it with css or jquery but its not a real solution. 

Why would you want this?

T February 11, 2016

I want this as we have multiple departments and these 2 extra fields determine the billing information as we record all out time in JIRA via Tempo. 

We want to show these 2 fields at the top of each create as they make logical sense to fill in first. 

A hack would be fine, any idea where and how to do this.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2016

I cannot fully understand the question here, sorry. Could you perhaps show some screenshots on what you are trying to accomplish?

T February 10, 2016

Hi, 

So I would like a field called customer and accounts between project and issue type.

example.png

I hope this screenshot makes it clear what I would like to achieve.

Regards Tim

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2016

If they are just custom fields, add them in the "Create/View Screen" of your project screen scheme and re-arrange them to your needs

Suggest an answer