On A screen how do I add a field between Project and Issue type

Hi, 

I would like to add on my screens 2 compulsory fields for the whole company between Project and issue type. 

This is not possible in the screen layout on the admin and I believe you can do this by making some changes to the code in the back end? 

Do you have an example on how to do this? 

example.png

Regards Tim 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I cannot fully understand the question here, sorry. Could you perhaps show some screenshots on what you are trying to accomplish?

Hi, 

So I would like a field called customer and accounts between project and issue type.

example.png

I hope this screenshot makes it clear what I would like to achieve.

Regards Tim

If they are just custom fields, add them in the "Create/View Screen" of your project screen scheme and re-arrange them to your needs

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 11, 2016

There's no way to make this happen legitimately. You could hack it with css or jquery but its not a real solution. 

Why would you want this?

I want this as we have multiple departments and these 2 extra fields determine the billing information as we record all out time in JIRA via Tempo. 

We want to show these 2 fields at the top of each create as they make logical sense to fill in first. 

A hack would be fine, any idea where and how to do this.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

130 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you