ORDER BY Priority DESC is not working in backlog/active sprint

I have a Quick Filter with ORDER BY Priority DESC, but backlog & active sprint are still sorted by RANK (and I can still drag to change rank).

Any idea why my sort order is being ignored? 

1 answer

1 vote

Because a quick filter is there to hide issues from the board, not change the sort order.

Thanks for the clarification. So where do I set the sort order of the backlog/active sprint?
And can I do it in a way that I can easily switch back and forth between rank order and priority order?

The sort order is set in the board's filter.  So there's no way to change the sort order quickly.

Yes, I just worked that out sad

I've now created two personal boards - one for sorting by priority and another for viewing by rank.

Seems really inefficient. What's really lacking is a treeview setup where you can easily click on column headers to sort by rank, priority, status, owner (or ideally any other field I might choose to have as a column header) 

Thanks for your help & quick responses!

You can do that - try the issue navigator!

Yes, but I want this sort order in my backlog view, so I can view the top issues, select multiple and assign them to the current (or another defined) sprint.

But thanks for trying smile 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

849 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you