Number of records in xls export smaller than Jira records (not related to limits)

Joost Klykens August 4, 2017

I do an export of the records in Jira of my project into Excel and the number of records don't correspond. I eliminated the issue of max number of records (1000) by selecting parts smaller than 1000 and put these xls files than together. What could be the reason for this (small difference, 3818 xls while 3844 Jira records)

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

Hey are you using the same user? Do the missing issues have any similarities? What is your JQL query? Are you sure you haven't missed any issues when selecting the smaller parts?

Cheers

Christoph

Joost Klykens August 4, 2017

Hello Christoph, thank you for your quick response. To answer your questions:

I'm just an 'end-user' of Jira and did my selection in the GUI based on project = X and timeperiod (to stay under 1000 records which is export limit) which I then exported via excel. So, I can't compare in detail between the database and excel export. We're talking about 4000 records so I wouldn't know where to look for the missing ones...  I have never had an export result of more than 950 records in excel so this should be okay.

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

Hey - could you please do it again using key < PROJECTKEY-999 instead? Then key >= PROJECTKEY-999 and key < PROJECTKEY-1999 CD in so on.  This way you can be sure you won't miss any issues just because of the date selection you have done. 

If you ever get different number of results during this export you will know a bit more precisely where the missing issues might be. If you export the issue key too you can order the excel by issue key and look for missing number ranges in between. 

Hope that helps? 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events