Notification not received for issue status change

Krithica Gowri Shankar January 11, 2018

Hi,

When a issue status is changed am not receiving any notification email.

I configured the notification scheme to send notifications to current assignee and reporter for issue updated event. Attached the scheme.

DM_PRoduct notification.PNG

I am the reporter of the issue. When the assignee of the issue changes the status of the issue am not receiving any emails.

Please let me know, by default whether jira does not sends notifications to users for status update?

Also please provide a solution to send notifications to reporters on issue status change event.

Thanks,

Krithica

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

Hello,

What is for the Generic Event? By default the Generic Event is generated on status change.

The post function "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners" is present in all the transitions of the workflow.

But i dont receive notifications.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

There is the Generic event in the notification scheme. I can not see it on your screenshot. Did you configure users for the event?

Yes i did that.

DM_PRoduct notification1.PNG

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2018

If you are the reporter and the current assignee and you transition the issue then by default you will not receive notifications.

Like Benito Declercq likes this

Yes i know that i will not be notified for the own changes. But m not the assignee of the issue. Am only the reporter of the issue.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2018

Thank you 

Manu Mishra January 15, 2018

In that case you have to trigger the post function "Issue Updated" which should be linked to the notification scheme of your project.

Suggest an answer