Notification not received for issue status change

Hi,

When a issue status is changed am not receiving any notification email.

I configured the notification scheme to send notifications to current assignee and reporter for issue updated event. Attached the scheme.

DM_PRoduct notification.PNG

I am the reporter of the issue. When the assignee of the issue changes the status of the issue am not receiving any emails.

Please let me know, by default whether jira does not sends notifications to users for status update?

Also please provide a solution to send notifications to reporters on issue status change event.

Thanks,

Krithica

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Jan 11, 2018

Hello,

What is for the Generic Event? By default the Generic Event is generated on status change.

The post function "Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners" is present in all the transitions of the workflow.

But i dont receive notifications.

There is the Generic event in the notification scheme. I can not see it on your screenshot. Did you configure users for the event?

If you are the reporter and the current assignee and you transition the issue then by default you will not receive notifications.

Yes i know that i will not be notified for the own changes. But m not the assignee of the issue. Am only the reporter of the issue.

In that case you have to trigger the post function "Issue Updated" which should be linked to the notification scheme of your project.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

696 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you