Notification email does not contain values changed by postfunctions

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

Hi everybody!

Here is my trouble:

• A user make a transition 
  • postfunction changes assignee
  • new assigenee receives an notification email

Trouble: this email does not contain information that assignee was changed.

Why do we need this: we use user name into Outlook rules to filter email, which requared immidiate action. Now some emails about asignee changes does not mach this filter.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2016

Where is the "postfunction changes assignee" in the list of post functions? It should be before "Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database." Is it the case?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

This postfunction provided via Script Runner. I think this question is for adaptqavist.

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2016

Well the order of the postfunctions can be set by the admin who configures the workflow.

So you can move the functions up and down. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2016

Tibor already said what Adapatavist would have said!  It's not really a scriptrunner question though - if you'd got another function to change assignee, we'd start at the same point - where is the function in the list?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2016

This is first function in the list. Where shell I place it to get update information into email?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

I have found the solution:

If into post function I use IssueManager.updateIssue() and set last param as false - there will not be any notification. 

I I just set some value via MutableIssue methods all changes will be into email us requred.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

It seems this is about JUP: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/JUP-10 - do you have a workaround?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

We can create custom postfunction via ScriptRunner.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events