Not able to vote on a Unresolved issue

Alex Benavides January 11, 2016

This is very strange. The issue has status "NEW" and I noticed that when we change the component or if this issue is CLOSED and then REOPENED to status NEW no one is able to vote. Any idea what could it be ?

voting.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2016

Never happened to me, but for your description, I would think of the following hypothesis:

The transition from Closed to New is not correctly set to fire a 'Issue Reopened' event.

Follow these steps:

1. go to the workflow's diagram view and click on Edit
  2. click on the arrow (transition) which goes from Closed to New
  3. on the right side, click on that transition's 'post functions' link
  4. look for a post function named 'Fire a Issue Reopened event that can be processed by the listeners.'

If it's already firing a different kind of event (probably a Generic Event):

1. hover the mouse cursor over that line and click on the pencil (Edit)
  2. change the kind of event to 'Issue Reopened'

If you don't find a line starting with 'Fire a', then no event is being fired, and then you will have to:

1. click on 'Add post function' link
  2. find and add the function that fires an event
  3. set it to fire a 'Issue Reopened' event

After following these steps, you will need to close the issue and reopen it so that the event is actually fired.

Let me know if this fixes your issue.

Alex Benavides January 12, 2016

Thanks Ignacio, this was really helpful !!! I'm still running some tests to see if it is all solved :)

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2016

Looking forward to know if it fixes your issue :)

Alex Benavides January 13, 2016

This is really strange. If the user who created the issue tries to Close it and ReOpen it, then everyone is able to vote. But if a user who didn't create the issue Closes it, then no one can vote again no matter what :(

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

Could you review these JIRA options?: Allow users to vote on issues AND Allow users to watch issues https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-jira-options-185729544.html#ConfiguringJIRAOptions-options

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

Press the dot sign '.' and start writing 'general configuration' to quickly access those options.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

Could you tell who is being granted the View voters & watchers permission? https://<YOURS>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<PROJECT-KEY>/permissions

Alex Benavides January 13, 2016

Is is set as "ON" :/

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

Probably, it has something to do with the project permissions being different for both users. Look at https://<YOURS>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/<PROJECT-KEY>/permissions Pay special attention to the permissions that might have something to do with this: * Browse projects * Edit issues * Resolve issues * Transition issues * View voters & watchers

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2016

A workaround might be allowing to edit already Closed issues: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/allow-editing-of-closed-issues-138704.html

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2016

Forgot to say that you should publish the draft after editing your workflow.

Have a look at the properties of statuses and transitions on the workflow and look for anything that denies edit/vote permission. You might want to delete such a property.

And don't forget to publish the draft of your workflow. Otherwise your changes won't take place!

Alex Benavides January 17, 2016

At the end it didn't work :/ So we decided to control clarify everyone that they can only vote for issues if they are not closed.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2016

Remember you can make a closed issue editable by setting the workflow status Closed with the property jira.issue.editable=true

Alex Benavides January 19, 2016

I found the soluton here smile https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Edit+the+Resolution+of+an+Issue

I have to make sure that the transition will set the resolution as NONE smile

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2016

Great! Then it was about adding the post function to clear the resolución. Cool and good to know. If that ever happens on our instance, I now know where to look at. Thanks!

Alex Benavides January 19, 2016

Yes indeed, then answer was in the Post Function as you suggested smile smile Muchas gracias !!!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2016

Look at the second sympthom from your link. It might be the cause of the weird results of your JQL. If you need help on that, send me an email to ignacio.pulgar at incentro dot com. De nada! smile After all, you found the solution!

Suggest an answer