Not able to login using administrator credentials

Manohar Parelly December 3, 2015

Hi,

When I login with normal user the login is successful, but when I try login with administration credentials I am getting below error on browser. Kindly suggest.

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot find the object "AO_60DB71_SPRINTMARKER" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library:
Database:
	- name:Microsoft SQL Server
	- version:09.00.4060
	- minor version:0
	- major version:9
Driver:
	- name:jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase

Regards,

Manohar Parelly

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2015

That's not an error I'd associate with an attempt to log in.  When you log into JIRA it reads your user profile, but the error you are seeing is related to the Agile add-on or JIRA Software, nothing to do with login.

My best guesses are

• You've got some sort of broken Test system (cloned from Production but missing things)
  • You've done something really odd in the database
  • You have tried to install Agile/Software into a system where the JIRA user does not have the right to create, update, index or delete tables in the database.  (It's tried to create the tables it needs, you have not let it, so it's failed, and is now trying to read stuff that is not there)

Could you tell us if any of those are accurate?  And also what version of JIRA and Agile or Software you are on?
Michael Matonte December 4, 2015

@Nic, Actually to make a normal user as Administrator we just added a entry into cwd_membership table with parent_name as 'jira-administrators', as we don't have any proper admin credentials. And we are trying to login with that user to get on to Administrator page. Please let us know if any other table we have to update to make user as Administrator from backend directly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2015

Erm, well, "we just added an entry into cwd_membership" tells me that you've been messing with the database. That's almost always going to break JIRA unless you have a *complete* understanding of the database structure. The right thing to do here is revert to the backup you took before you ran any SQL updates in the database. There's no "other table" to update, you need to make your changes the right way - via the API.

Manohar Parelly December 4, 2015

@Nic, Thank you very much. We will make sure no mess up with database. Other than database backup, is there any way to bring admin credentials working? As we are not able to logon into test environment with any admin credentials we are not able to deploy our custom plugin changes and test it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2015

I think you need to take a look at the database - it still looks like you've created a broken test system by using a user who does not have the right access to create and update tables.

Manohar Parelly December 8, 2015

@Nic, we have taken complete database from our production environment to test environment. Still I am facing same issue. Please suggest. java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.atlassian.activeobjects.internal.ActiveObjectsSqlException: There was a SQL exception thrown by the Active Objects library: Database: - name:Microsoft SQL Server - version:09.00.4060 - minor version:0 - major version:9 Driver: - name:jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase - version:1.2.4 java.sql.SQLException: Cannot find the object "AO_60DB71_DETAILVIEWFIELD" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2015

That doesn't change the fact that your database is broken - the last error message tells you what the problem is - you're missing a table, or access to that table. I'd check the production database, as it suggests that you've now got a broken production enviroment because you've upgraded it by using a user with the wrong access.

Manohar Parelly December 10, 2015

@Nic, the problem is resolved by granting CREATE, ALTER permissions to the database username which used to access the DB from jira application.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2015

I know. That's what I've been telling you - your user had the wrong access.

Suggest an answer