Not able to create a sprint

Prokopiev Yury November 29, 2017

Hello!

Some time ago I created a project and the Sprint #1. And now I'm not able to create a new sprint. NO CHANGES were made to the project settings. What happened?

I have seen this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/How-to-create-a-Sprint-in-Jira-7/qaq-p/658837

But it is just not true.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2017

I would investigate permissions.  There is a Manage Sprints permission on modern versions of Jira. On older versions, the Administer Projects permission is used.

Things get really interesting is when you have issues from multiple Projects that show up in your Agile board, though.  You need to have the ability to start sprints on all issues, and therefore all Projects that appear in the Agile Board.  I would run the JQL query that is used on your board and see if there are issues from multiple Projects. You can see it in the General tab when you Configure the Agile Board (see the screenshot on that doc.) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events