No transition available for Move to Resolved action

Marketa Dvorackova November 16, 2015

Hello,

on Agile board when all of the sub-tasks of a story have been resolved, a button appears titled Move to Resolved on the level of the parent of these subtasks.

The problem is when the parent itself is not resolved yet. It doesn't mean that if all sub-tasks are done, that the whole thing is done. So we have a situation when this button appears but only gives an error that there is no transition available to bring the parent issue to the Resolved column. Yes, because it hasn't arrived yet in a state from which can transition to the states mapped to the Resolved column.

In this case, the button is useless and only generates confusion among the users. Can we hide it somehow or am I misunderstanding the way this thing works by chance?

Thank you for any ideas.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

I bet there is something in place of the workflow transitions or a script to block this transition. Do you happen to know who might have put it in and ask them for what you need to it to be?

Marketa Dvorackova November 17, 2015

Hi Gabrielle, I know exactly what the problem with the transition is, there is none! The parent isn't finished, it doesn't mean that if all of the sub-tasks are done, that the main parent is done. It is not, it goes for testing first, etc. Agile just presupposes that children done means parent done, but that is not true and shouldn't have to be.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

Who created your workflow?

Marketa Dvorackova November 18, 2015

I have. How is that relevant?

Suggest an answer