No. of builds for an Issue in Jira are not correct

Jagtar Singh January 19, 2016

Hello,

I have JIRA (Server) which is correctly integrated with Bitbucket (Cloud) and Bamboo (Server).

Whenever I commit changes in Bitbucket, Bamboo start building the job. As suggested, I always provide JIRA Issue in the Commit message. This allows me to see the commits in Jira. Now the problem is when I have multiple commits for single JIRA issue, I can see that multiple commits under the development panel in Jira. But the no. of builds always display 1 (with latest build #). As per me, if there are multiple commits for a single Issue and each commit has job executed, it should show me the no of builds executed for the issue.

Also If is see the Issues tab in Bamboo, it correctly shows me 3 related builds

Please help

Thanks,

Jagtar

1 answer

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2016

I think you have misunderstood what that number represents.

It is possible to set up more than one build for a single repository.  For example, you might have separate builds for your unit tests and your functional tests.  The number of builds shown is the number of build plans that have been created for your issue, not the number of individual build results within a single plan.

In other words, "builds" is short for "build project branch plans" here, not for "build results".

Suggest an answer