No issues are appearing after restoring from XML backup

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

I need to upgrade from JIRA 6.0.8 to something... less end of life.  I have a test server running now and I attempted to restore data on that server.  I received no errors, but no issues are available.  I see projects, users, etc - pretty much everything except the issues.  Any idea of what happened?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

Have you tried running a re-index?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

Getting the following: JIRA is unable to perform a background re-index at this time because the index files are either missing or corrupted.JIRA is unable to perform a background re-index at this time because the index files are JIRA is unable to perform a background re-index at this time because the index files are either missing or corrupted.either missing or corrupted.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2016

THANK YOU - so while indexing on its own didn't work, this set me on the right path.  Further investigation revealed that this was likely due to a plugin issue.  I entered safe mode and rebuilt the index, exited safe mode, rebuilt index again, and everything looks good.

Suggest an answer