No Jira Core Users although in jira-core group

Jasmin Fazlic May 28, 2019

Hello,

i installed a new Jira Core instance before checking out if i can add it to our existing Jira Software instance and copied the license there. The host is the same so i guess the Server identifier is the same. Now i copied the license to our existing Jira Software instance and tried to add users to the jira-core group. That worked fine but the users count for our Core license is zero and also the users i added to the group do not show up when filtering users for "Jira Core" access. How can i fix this?

Thank you, best regards

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2019

Hi,

because users are counting into "highest" application license. So if user is counting to Jira Software or/and Service Desk then is not counting to Jira Core. So if you want some users to count into Jira Core instead of Software just remove jira-software group for them.

Thanks!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2019

Jira core is already there in your installation - Jira software is an application that runs on top of Core, not a separate application.

My best guess is that your jira-core group is not associated with Jira Core access, you can fix this (or use other groups) in Admin -> Manage applications.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, i guess the group is associated fine with Jira Core as it is listed under Jira Core and not Jira Software and like Petr said it just doesn't count users who are already Jira Software users.

Suggest an answer