Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No Jira Core Users although in jira-core group

Hello,

i installed a new Jira Core instance before checking out if i can add it to our existing Jira Software instance and copied the license there. The host is the same so i guess the Server identifier is the same. Now i copied the license to our existing Jira Software instance and tried to add users to the jira-core group. That worked fine but the users count for our Core license is zero and also the users i added to the group do not show up when filtering users for "Jira Core" access. How can i fix this?

Thank you, best regards

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Jira core is already there in your installation - Jira software is an application that runs on top of Core, not a separate application.

My best guess is that your jira-core group is not associated with Jira Core access, you can fix this (or use other groups) in Admin -> Manage applications.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, i guess the group is associated fine with Jira Core as it is listed under Jira Core and not Jira Software and like Petr said it just doesn't count users who are already Jira Software users.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

because users are counting into "highest" application license. So if user is counting to Jira Software or/and Service Desk then is not counting to Jira Core. So if you want some users to count into Jira Core instead of Software just remove jira-software group for them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

112 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you