New roles are not displayed

Huuuze July 25, 2016

I deployed a new instance of JIRA 7.1.4, which includes the default "Administrators" role. I created a new project and realized it was missing an additional role. I added the new role via the corresponding administrative screen, but it does not appear on the "Users and roles" project page.

So far, I've cleared out the /work directory and restarted JIRA. Unfortunately, the role still does not display.

Any idea what's going on?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MikeyS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2016

If there are no users or groups in a project role for a specific project in JIRA 7, then that project role will not be shown on the Roles tab for that project. However, you should still be able to add users or groups to that project role through the "Add users to a role" link. Once the role has users or groups in it, it will be displayed.

This is a quirk of the new project role UI for JIRA 7. I'm not a big fan of it. I suppose it helps admins who have too many roles.

Suggest an answer