New roles are not displayed

I deployed a new instance of JIRA 7.1.4, which includes the default "Administrators" role. I created a new project and realized it was missing an additional role. I added the new role via the corresponding administrative screen, but it does not appear on the "Users and roles" project page.

So far, I've cleared out the /work directory and restarted JIRA. Unfortunately, the role still does not display.

Any idea what's going on?

1 answer

1 accepted

If there are no users or groups in a project role for a specific project in JIRA 7, then that project role will not be shown on the Roles tab for that project. However, you should still be able to add users or groups to that project role through the "Add users to a role" link. Once the role has users or groups in it, it will be displayed.

This is a quirk of the new project role UI for JIRA 7. I'm not a big fan of it. I suppose it helps admins who have too many roles.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 5 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

26 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot