New project could not be created. Unknown error

Stas Sverdlov November 22, 2017

Hi,

I'm new to JIRA administration

I'm trying to create a new project and receive unknown error. According to this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/hmm-we-couldn-t-create-your-project-due-to-an-unknown-error-818580338.html?_ga=2.130993031.926060894.1511257655-405535529.1506346553&_gac=1.16768324.1508738059.Cj0KCQjwg7HPBRDUARIsAMeR_0jkQqA3DiQ3-qUTbvrboyAgfAoh2pWSzap0e-zV1NTXNi7xoJUHJPgaAoqqEALw_wcB

it's kind of issue on ID handler.  

So i'm not sure where and how to find a solution cause there's no solution at the article above. 

Please advice

1 answer

0 votes
Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hello, assuming you are on a linux platform: please grep the atlassian-jira log from the timeframe of the error, first change directory to your log folder and then run the grep command:

cd /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log

grep "threw an exception while handling a notification about a project being created" atlassian-jira.log

If the error occured in a log that's already archived you may need to use 'zgrep' instead.

Afterwards post the matching lines from the log.

Thanks.

Hi Eduard, thank you for the reply,

We're using MS server 2012 R2.

Here is the line 

2017-11-22 10:39:59,006 http-nio-8080-exec-15 ERROR bennym 639x41041x1 1duaq1a 10.106.64.240 /rest/project-templates/1.0/templates [c.a.jira.project.ProjectCreateRegistrarImpl] The handler with id com.atlassian.greenhopper.project.PermissionSchemeProjectCreateHandlerImpl.ProjectCreateHandler threw an exception while handling a notification about a project being created
org.eclipse.gemini.blueprint.service.importer.ServiceProxyDestroyedException: service proxy has been destroyed

I hope that's what you mean

Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hello Stas,

Thanks, yes that error has been reported before. The troubleshooting process from the page you linked will be useful. I would suggest first running a integrity check (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/using-the-database-integrity-checker-185729629.html) and also try a jira restart if you haven't done so already.

Further the steps under Resolution at the link you posted should be done: db collation, integrity check, and so on until finding the cause for the error. Hope this helps.

Thank you Eduard, 

We've already done Integrity check, and it passed without any error. Also we've restarted JIRA. 

For now we're using H2 database so we have no option to check DB collation till we'll migrate to external DB. 

I'll try to migrate JIRA to external DB and after that I'll check the DB collation. Till then is there anything else I can do?

Eduard M
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2017

Hello,

Nothing else for now, since you don't have direct access to DB yet. I would go with the external db migration and then go over the steps again to complete the diagnostics. 

Stas Sverdlov November 26, 2017

Migration solved the problem. Thank you.

Suggest an answer