New field - Bulk change

Dave_Harrington March 24, 2016

I've added a custom field to a particular project and want to update all existing issues with a default value for the field via a Bulk Change...

However, it doesn't look like there's a way to do that.  Any trick or workarounds out there?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

I don't understand your issue. In bulk change / Edit Issues, you should have the option to add a value in a custome field. What's preventing you from updating the issue with a bulk change?

Is it possible that your selection contains issues in read-only status, like Closed bugs? Or that your custom field is of an unusual type coming from a plugin?

Dave_Harrington March 24, 2016

Of course you're right Nicholas! I didn't even notice the message at the top of the screen requesting which Operation(s) I wanted to perform - it clearly stated that at least one of the issues I'd selected has a status that forbids editing...  

(Is it Friday yet!?!)

Thanks

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2016

Cheers. Glad I could help 

Suggest an answer