New JIRA Board - Data Entry Fields

sheilahammond January 9, 2018

The new JIRA board has SUBSTANTIALLY shrunk the areas like Acceptance Criteria, Technical Acceptance Criteria, Reason or Purpose, etc.  Can these be enlarged?  VERY difficult to write, read and edit requirements .

3 answers

0 votes
sheilahammond February 12, 2018

None of these solutions work.  The bottom right corner solution only increases height - we need something to increase width.  We write all of our use cases, test cases and technical criteria in these sections and they are so narrow that it is not only difficult to read, but our dev has to scroll and scroll to read the entire use case.  This really is not an acceptable change.  It's going to hinder our work progress.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2018

Sheila, try to submit a feature request to Atlassian and post it in the community so we can review it and vote!

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Sheila,

Yes, i feel the same, the only workaroud i found is to press the (.) shortcut and open the edit dialog

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

Hi Sheila,

You may enlarge the field to the desired size by clicking on the lower right corner, drag and dropping to resize it to get the best fit:

drag-n-drop.pngHope it helps.

sheilahammond January 9, 2018

Will I have to do this for EVERY page?  Or will setting it once carry over and STAY session after session?

I found a way to go back to the old JIRA :-)

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

That action needs to be performed whenever you need more width for comfortably inline-editing the custom field.

I personally prefer including all text in Jira's Description field, as adding custom text fields rarely adds value to the overall configuration of the app (no reporting on text field values, JQL searches will likely use "text ~ words" instead of a text custom field... and so on).

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

Agree

Suggest an answer