Need to periodically audit JIRA user actions so we can export for archiving

Rydell Hall November 5, 2015

JIRA 6.4.8

We need to audit certain users actions within JIRA so we can export them to our archiving vendor. I see that Admin actions can be audited natively, but not certain other users in JIRA. I've also searched the plugin database, and there does not seem to be any solution. Can anyone verify if this is or is not possible from the JIRA GUI? I'm very surprised it doesn't seem to have this ability. Maybe we will have to do it on the backend?

Gabrielle, any comments or input done by someone in a certain group or certain project. Navigational stuff is not needed. Compliance related reasoning. Thanks for your quick response!

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Romrell November 20, 2015

I'm not sure, but this post may provide some insight for you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15090429/how-to-export-all-issues-and-its-contents-full-content-to-excel-in-JIRA

Or the Better Excel Plugin might work for you as well, depending on exactly what you want to track

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

What actions do you need to be audited? Yes you are correct, there's nothing native to JIRA that does that.

Suggest an answer