Need to get the existing data from JIRA CORE SQL DB

manitgl January 19, 2018

Hi,

Recently our JIRA CORE application server got crashed, but likely we are having our SQL DB backup of that JIRA CORE application.

So need an assistance to restore for existing jira core datas..

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi Mani,

If the database is still in place you can install a new instance and point that to the database using the Jira Configuration Tool.

If you have an XML backup you can import that backup into a new instance of JRIA>

Cheers,

Branden

manitgl January 21, 2018

Thanks  Branden...

manitgl January 22, 2018

We have pointed out our existing database, and we can able to login in the JIRA Application, but when we browse the existing projects, met some issues,

Kindly assist..

Below are the error message, error logs which it is the google drive file sharable link, find the below link

Error Message:

Sorry, we had some technical problems during your last operation.https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D2MsY3MzP90PkzHEJGCHgt5_u3Lkj2NR

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D2MsY3MzP90PkzHEJGCHgt5_u3Lkj2NR

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Mani,

I've seen that issue when using an incompatible driver.

1. Shutdown JIRA
  2. Remove Microsoft JDBC driver from your  <JIRA install>/WEB-INF/lib
  3. Follow the documentation instructions on how to add a JTDS driver

You can see the supported database drivers here: JIRA Supported Platforms

Please try those steps and let me know the results.

Cheers,

Branden

manitgl January 22, 2018

Hi Branden,

Reference doc which you were provided is upto JIRA version 7.3 and SQL DB connection setting upto SQL version 2008,

But in my case, we are using SQL Version 2014 and JIRA Core version 7.5.0, and also current SQL DB is not the newly created DB, are just mapped our existing SQL DB.

Suggest an answer