Need some clarification on Validator

Darapu Rajesh Babu May 11, 2016

Can anyone please let me know why this Validator is used in workflow transition Opened --> Create state.

issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Draft'||issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Issue'||issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Enhancement'||issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Task'||((issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Restricted IP')&& (isUserMemberOfRole('Restricted Members') || isUserMemberOfRole('Administrators')) )|| ((issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Security IP')&& (isUserMemberOfRole('Security Members')|| isUserMemberOfRole('Administrators')))

When I remove the validator I am able to Create Sub-Task otherwise I am not able to create Sub-Task.

Please let me know why this Validator is used. This is very urgent.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

Because your administrators added it.  We can't tell you why they did it.  Your users must have asked for it.

Darapu Rajesh Babu May 12, 2016

Actually what is the purpose of this code. I mean for what is the functionality of this code ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

Er, it's stopping you creating subtasks if the issue is of a certain type and you are not in the right roles.

Suggest an answer