Need help to change the JQL Query similar to that posted one

VENKATESHWARARAO January 16, 2020

project = "Project name" AND (issuetype != Epic OR status != Closed) OR issuetype != Epic AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = Project name","is epic of") ORDER BY rank ASC

2 answers

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

@VENKATESHWARARAO 

What is your question exactly? What do you want to change the posted JQL to?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

@VENKATESHWARARAO , could you please tell us what is going wrong and what has to be changed? What do you want to achieve? 

Without further information, I doubt that anyone can help you with your question.

Because of this filter query some functionality not working correctly. So i want to change to similar that one

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

and what is not working?

I need simplified version of this query

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

So please, what would you like to achieve? If I do not know, which data you want to retrieve, I can't simplify anything. Or I can simplify it to something which you would not need at all.

Please describe what you want to query.

I want to filter the issues in a ProjectA which is not a Epic or status is not closed and the projectA issues is linked to any other projects using epic link .

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2020

Thank you @VENKATESHWARARAO ,

I think something like this should do it:

project = A and status not in (closed) and issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project != A")

Suggest an answer