MySQL administration for JIRA software

Deleted user November 1, 2017

We have a trial version for now to test MySQL as DB for JIRA software.  port 3306 not working as expected, then I cannot access the database, however the site running very well.  

I wonder -

1. in DB level, where to get a list of tables for what purpose , any reference guide somehwere ?
  2. to connect MySQL by default port 3306 , is there anything I can check to ensure this port is accessible ?
  3. if mapping over some data from another source into MySQL JIRA, use the interface or use DB backend insert/modify , which do you suggest, please ?

2 answers

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

Ok when you say site running well, it is a bit confusing. Because if you connected the DB to JIRA then some issues your are mentioning above shouldn't happen.

What are the steps you took to connect the DB to your JIRA instance?

Did you configure you DbConfig.xml file?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/database-setup-for-mysql-128747.html

Deleted user November 1, 2017

DB access just by a DB tool, such as DBVisualizer.

the problem is the port 3306, we cannot see it active to respond, however, the site running as expected

JIRA instance is working as expected, no issues so far.

didn't touch DBConfig.xml , should I modify anything ? 

the mysql folder on server containing some configuration files, which set 3306 as port.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

You want to make sure that the DbConfig file has the exact settings, DB name and all the other details.

Deleted user November 15, 2017

Thank you.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2017

Please, forget the database.  You can't write to it safely, and "safely" is going to take you months, if not years, to work out and prove.

It's also designed (well, grown up as anyway) as a data store.  SQL is the single worst possible way to report on issue data.

Use the API to do all writes and most reads.  That means going through the front-end UI, the REST interface or add-ons.

Deleted user November 15, 2017

Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events