MyAtlassian accounts

Paolo Cuffiani January 26, 2016

Sorry guys, but your account system is frankly a huge mess. I ended up having:

1. Bitbucket account
  2. MyAtlassian account with the same email as the Bitbucket one (and the Bitbucket is billed via that MyAtlassian account) BUT with a different password (!!!???)
  3. JIRA cloud account in my organization's JIRA instance with another email address
  4. MyAtlassian account with the same email as the JIRA cloud account, but again the password is different

Honestly, WTF!? Is there any way this could be reduced to at most two separate accounts and two passwords? (Please don't answer "just change your password", because that'd be sick, and we all know that.)

Thanks (and congrats for everything BUT your account management),
Paolo

6 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2016

Atlassian is currently working on unifying all spread product accounts in just one through Atlassian Accounts.

Hopefully, they will achieve good results soon, for a better user experience and integration among all their products.

6 votes
Ronald Vallenduuk February 7, 2016

I need to log into Bitbucket for a support issue with a JIRA plugin. Log in with Google or with a Bitbucket account. Ok, log me in with Google. Sorry, there's an Atlassian account linked to this email so you can't log in with Google.

Ok, I'll create a Bitbucket account. You can't create a Bitbucket account with this email address because there's already an Atlassian account linked to it. Grand, log me in with my Atlassian account then. Invalid username or password.

Let's try the forgot my password option for Bitbucket then. "To get back into Bitbucket, you'll need to reset your Atlassian account password."

How the hell does this stuff hang together? Is my Bitbucket account the same as my Atlassian account or not?

You can't be bothered to fix this but you do have time for code to make sure JIRA is capitalised when I write? Talk about priorities...

4 votes
Sean Smith January 29, 2016

I completely agree with Paolo, Atlassian account system is an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!  It is by far the least intuitive platform I've ever worked with.  Being unable to login to all of Atlassian's systems completely defeats the purpose of it. 

Do you have a timeline of when we can FINALLY use one username/email and password to login to all of Atlassian's tools?

2 votes
Scott Oppliger November 14, 2017

It's almost 2018 and this still isn't sorted. Why on earth would an Atlassian admin account not also have privilege to admin the products in it's account (BitBucket, JIRA)? Atlassian account management has been a nightmare for as long as I've been using it - the SSO that has supposedly been implemented seems to not have helped. In any event, can someone help? My client added me as an admin to their BitBucket, but the login wants me to rename or create a new cloud account. Their own admin account only grants them access to Atlassian billing and licenses - it has no ability to log into BitBucket. This is entirely too difficult and complex, and is why I use GitHub as a rule.

Ulmer TCC January 23, 2018

It is now 2018 and the problem still hasn't been solved. Luckily, I was able to log into this site "Atlassian Community" with my known account, but, the reason why I am here is because HipChat refuses to allow me to log in with the same account - even though it looks like it finds it. The interfaces are not helpful for users self-resolving the issue either.

Updates, Atlassian?

1 vote
OttoHQ July 6, 2017

I have to say that this is the worst accounting system I have worked with. The system jointed accounts (attlasian and bitbucket) without asking me what to join (jining the wrong accounts) and we have spend hour trying to undo it and now I do not even know which account is link to which user name or e-mail any more. I am so confused that I more or less have to reset my password every time because even if I try all the pass words it does not allow me in. I will now have to make a another account and hope that that is not mixed up into the wrong account.

Jasper Lai September 14, 2017

I totally agree atlassian sign on systems is suck. I have try their products on atlassian cloud for months myself. It's nightmare that I have to create  dozen of accounts, from a single company!

It really crazy that you provide suite of solutions but they are integrated badly. I was planning to migrate my company workflow to them. But I have to change my mind. 

1 vote
SN May 27, 2017

I also agree. Your account system is an absolute mess.

Since I have a lot of customers and projects I also have a lot of different Atlassian products and accounts.

In the past I always recommended your products, but since it is getting more complex with any new account, I'm gonna change that.

Are you interested in a product your customers love? Than fix that immediately and don't mark this post as RESOLVED. Nothing is solved here.

FIX IT!

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events