My team can't see the active sprint tab. How do I enable this for them?

Ernst Pelser July 26, 2016

Hi All

My team are unable to see the active sprint tab on the left side of the screen.

As an administrator I can see it below the issues tab (in grey below)

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 7.53.11 PM.png

Please help, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks, EP

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Behnke [DiscoverEquip.com]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2016

Can you give us a screenshot of what the users see? That will help.

You should also consider opening this as a support request with Atlassian at https://support.atlassian.com. They have administrator access to your system and can properly investigate your issue. In JIRA Standalone you would typically reach out to your administrator to check for errors and to check user permissions. In JIRA Cloud you need to leverage Support for some of this. 

Ernst Pelser July 29, 2016

Hi Steve

Thank you so  much for taking the time to respond.  

Attached is the image of what my staff sees.

Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 8.49.13 AM.png

Thanks, EP

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016

Can you confirm they have JIRA Software access provided to them?

image2016-7-29 16:42:7.png

Hi Steve 

Yes they do have JIRA Software access. They're using it i.e. the backlog etc.

Thanks, EP

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2016

The reason I asked was because there seems to be no backlog button in the screenshot of the 'staff view' that you provided.

Directly above the Issues pane, there is the Board Select menu image2016-7-29 16:46:32.png. Can you verify that a board is actually selected for the user? If they are just at the project and a board isn't selected, there will be no buttons on the sidebar.

You're a legend! So I created a board for my but didn't realise the board isn't shared with the team. I'm very new to this so bear with me. 

I also didn't quite grasp the difference between a board and a project. 

So how do I create a board in admin view and share it with the team?

Thanks again.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2016

I'll try and help out.

• Project are a container where various schemes are configured. Issues reside in a project, configured by these schemes.
  • Queries are a search that you perform, which uses a query language to define a specific scope of issues to return.
  • Filters are a saved Query.
  • Boards are a tool which show issues as draggable cards. A Boards scope is defined by a filter.

In order to use a Board, the user must be able to use the Project and the Filters.

1. Within the Project, you must define Permissions and Roles.
  2. The filter is an object with an owner which must be shared.

You can ensure that the board and filter is shared by, on a board, selecting the Board menu and selecting Configure.

On the General tab, you can see the Filter Shares and the Project Permissions – 

image2016-7-29 17:6:15.png

This normally shouldn't be a problem – The filter is, by default, shared to the Project.

image2016-7-29 17:7:23.png

This could be a problem if you created a filter manually and then used that to create a board.

Hi Steven

Thank you soo much. I've been struggling with this for day.

It's now shared with my team.

Thank you, thank you.

EP.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2016

No problem at all. Feel free to @mention me here on Atlassian Answers if you ever need anything. Please forgive me if I don't respond right away, I tend to get buried in email from various sources.

Suggest an answer