My saved JQL filter that uses Structure keeps changing to !EMPTY

Michael Demetria February 16, 2017

So our company just installed Structure.

I have 2 saved JQL filters with the same search syntax.  The search syntax is:

issue in structure(Flume, "descendant of folder('Issue on devs plate')") ORDER BY Rank ASC

After a few days, without me doing anything to my filter... my filter will end up looking like this:

issue in structure(52, "!EMPTY") ORDER BY Rank ASC

So the strange thing is, even though I have 2 filters using the same search syntax sometimes only one of my filters will get changed to the "!EMPTY" value. 

Does anyone know why my JQL keeps changing? 

2 answers

0 votes
Karl Johan Lindahl June 25, 2018

Hi, 

Did you find the root cause to this? We have seen the similar behaviour in Projects i our jira installation. 

Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2018

Hello Karl,

We are aware of this issue. The reason for it is related to a user, running the saved filter's query, not having access to a structure, mentioned in the filter. Since a user is not supposed to see that structure, filter's query is altered to show "EMPTY!" to conceal data, that has to do with the structure.

Although this behaviour is within of the expected, we definitely agree that there should be a better way to hide parts, restricted to a user without creating a confusion. The improvement is already in our backlog and once it is made, we will let you know.

In the meantime, you're welcome to ask any questions you have and in case you need assistance with Structure - please reach out via our Service Desk portal - support.almworks.com - and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

Karl Johan Lindahl June 27, 2018

Thanks for the update

0 votes
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

Hi Michael,

This is certainly very strange. Does this issue reproduce, or was this a one-time issue?

I tried reproducing this in our environment, but so far no luck. Is it possible that someone else has access to this filter and could update it?

Kind regards,

Eugene (ALM Works)

Michael Demetria February 23, 2017

So it's random that the saved filter fails and it's not a one time issue, it continues to happen ever so often.  And it only happens with saved filters that it's searching within Structure. 

Someone mentioned it could be a sync issue with Structure but since we've only installed Structure recently most of us don't really know the best practice of how to use Structure.  When moving items within Structure, does it auto save... cause that could be the reason why our filter keeps resetting on us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events