• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Jira Core
  • Questions
  • My company is thinking about signing up for Jira and confluence. But do we need to get Jira service desks if we want our clients to create and update tickets?

My company is thinking about signing up for Jira and confluence. But do we need to get Jira service desks if we want our clients to create and update tickets?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

No.  But, without Service Desk, your clients will need to be JIRA users to see and update issues, and each user counts towards your licence limits.

Service desk presents the clients with a simplified interface and no direct access to the issues.  But "customer" accounts are free, you only pay for the agents.

Hi,

Technically jira-cloud is already facing the web, so the customer could use that. JSD is mainly made do hide some functionality from JIRA towards customers and create a more minimalistic interface when opening tickets, but this can also be achieved by restricting customers access with permissions in JIRA. So no, no need for JSD but in some cases it might be desirable.  I would say it depends on how techy your customers are.

If you have thousands of customers, having JIRA Service Desk will be cheaper for you.

If your service desk process is already very mature and your service desk area really work hard on complying with SLAs, JIRA Service is a very useful tool.

If none of the above applies to you, then you can perfectly start without it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

165 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you