Multiple teams and multiple projects

Karl Hildebrandt October 6, 2017

I am a fairly new Jira user. I am used to working in one project for our team with only our operational projects listed there. We have a multi -disciplined IT department divided into various teams like Network core, Storage, Various server teams, Web services etc. These teams will work on various projects. Some of these projects will only require the teams to work with their own team but others will require them to collaborate on larger projects with other teams. How do we arrange multiple teams to work on one project while still having other projects they are working on tracked. How can I as a user see all the isssues I have open in all the projects and manage my time properly.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

@Karl Hildebrandt, Think of these projects as Epics.  If you use the Epic to represent your project you can easily attach issues across all projects in the system that are related.  This allows each team to work in there own project with their own workflow process but still ties everything together.  

When using this approach, you will need a place to store the Epics.  What we have done is create a few projects for the groups to store Epics in.  For example, Project Managemnt has a projects for Epics, Operations has one too.  This just keeps things clean.

Suggest an answer