Moving servers...what happened to some of the custom logos/icons?

Chris K. September 16, 2016

JIRA 7.1.4

We're moving JIRA (on prem) to a different server and for the most part everything works fine on the new box. A lot of our issue types and projects have custom icons and I noticed there are certain places in the UI where I get a "broken link" icon instead of the correct one. For example, if I go to the "Issue types" configure screen (in Administration–>Issues) all of the icons show up fine. But when I go to the "Search issues" screen in the List view, the custom icons are broken there.

I copied over the ../application-data/jira/logos/ and ../application-data/jira/data/avatars/ folders. Am I missing something else?

2 answers

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

On the current browser that you are using delete all cached images to rule out that being affecting some pages and not others.

Then Check again these pages:

• Configure screen (in Administration–>Issues)
  • "Search issues" screen in List view

Go to the shell that your JIRA is installed on and run:

ps aux | grep java | cut -c1-16

The linux user that is running the JVM should be JIRA.
Make sure that that user has access to the data file:

cd /var/application-data/jira/data
ll

If for example after doing the scp of the files the owner is still root change the owner and group to the user running the JVM allowing access to the files:

chown -R jira:jira /var/application-data/jira/data

Also make sure that your JIRA is looking at the right place:

Go to  > System.

Select Advanced > Attachments

Check out the Attachment path. If it is correct then the Avatar path is correct as well.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2016

You should be receiving errors in your application log (atlassian-jira.log) AND you should be receiving errors in your browser console.

Please provide these sources.

Suggest an answer